Saturday, August 16, 2014

The First Few Days of Fifth Grade...

Whew! We started back to school on Wednesday and I am beyond tired! It's been a smooth first few days, but they have nevertheless left me exhausted. We have packed a ton in during the past three days and I wanted to share some of it with y'all :)

We did one of my favorite activities the first day of school, which was a self portrait. We displayed these on my student work display boards. You can grab a free copy of the activity here.




I was lucky enough to attend a two day workshop this summer and received a class set of chromebooks this year. We've been setting up Google accounts and learning how to use these neat devices these first few days of school. The kids are LOVING them! We learned how to use QR codes yesterday and I bet they scanned each card a million times :) I did an easy little activity using the online story of The Potato Chip Champ. When the students scanned each card, it opened to a question about the story. If you want to know more about this activity and a copy of the QR codes we used, just let me know and I'll post them :) 



We also did my Harris Burdick activity that we did last year. You can grab a free copy of the graphic organizer we used here





That's all for now y'all! :) Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Love the Harris Burdick Photos! I also didn't know that chrome books could scan QR codes. Gotta figure out how to do that! We have iPads and several Chromebooks.

    What I Have Learned

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, oh please post about using the QR codes. It would be so helpful.
    THYordan@aol.com

    ReplyDelete