Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Some Exciting News!!

If you follow me on instagram (msleslieann01) or Facebook, then you already know that I'm moving up to 5th grade next year!
I am so excited and happy! It was a hard decision to leave 1st grade, but I can't wait to get started working with my new 5th graders. :)
After much debate on what to do about my blog (change the name completely, change the name to Life in first and fifth, etc) I've decided to start a new blog completely dedicated to fifth grade. I plan on keeping Life in First Grade around and posting ideas that pertain to lower grades like I've done in the past and I also still plan on creating primary activities that you can use in your classrooms. It probably won't be as often as I usually did, but they will still be there! Once I get the new blog up and running, I'll post the address here so you can follow. :)
***UPDATE: you can now find Life in Fifth Grade here
Right now I'm loving summer, blissfully laying out and enjoying every minute. 
Happy Summer, y'all! 

10 comments:

  1. Congrats girly! Hope you enjoy 5th grade!! =)

    justwildaboutteaching.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahhhhh....I had much debate over the same thing but I decided to keep my original blog. I'm almost excited about moving to third. Im going to miss first grade so much. I cried when they told me I would be moving to 3rd. I might have fainted if they would have said 5th. LOL Good Luck in 5th grade. I look forward to seeing your resources. Are you guys going to be departmentalized. We are thinking about it and so far we are leaning towards yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! Congrats! I could never make a leap that big..I got my first license in OH which was only k-3 and then moved to NC where it changed to k-6 and I still would not deviate past 3rd! Lol I wish you all the best :) and have a very relaxing summer!

    Sarah
    Teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kinda made that leap last year. I now work with all levels but mostly 5th grade. ENJOY your new adventures!

    Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't be more happier that you are moving, because I am also moving from 1st to 5th next year! At least I know I will have some resources to turn to :)

    Natalie
    Teachery Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! A little sad because I LOVE LOVE LOVE your stuff!!! Enjoy your new adventure!
    Amy Burton

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not going to lie! I sighed "NOooo!!!" when I read you are moving up to 5th! Happy for you! Sad for me! lol Just kidding! I'm going to miss all your creative ideas for the younger grades! But best wishes to you in 5th!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW-congrats on your new position. I'm glad you will be keeping this blog-but I know your focus will be more on 5th grade. I will miss you million ideas, and because of you I have gotten a better understanding of Reading Street which my district has adapted for the new school year. Best wishes!
    -Lovely Nina
    www.lovelylittlelearners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new grade. Good luck with the big change!

    Jordan

    Sweet Little Things

    ReplyDelete